It’s Spring time down under so it’s time to get everything shiny and clean… including your Salesforce org So, grab your digital dusters and join us on a journey to spring clean your Salesforce org to perfection!
Here are some top clean up tips to get you started:
- Review your user list: Start your spring cleaning by reviewing your user list and deactivating any outdated or unused accounts. This includes removing licences for managed packages like Mission Control or Conga
- Scrub up your Profiles and Permissions: Profiles and permission can easily get out of hand; now is the time to do an audit and reassess the set up, and perhaps take advantage of Permission Set Groups to keep your user set up as simplified as possible.
- Identify any unused Apps, Objects, and Fields: Review the installed apps, custom objects, and fields in your org. Identify any that are no longer in use or have become obsolete. Removing these unused components helps streamline the user interface and reduces clutter, making it easier for users to find what they need.
- Convert Workflow Rules and Processes to flow: Have you started migrating to Salesforce Flow yet? Now is the perfect time to do so and at the same time ensure that any automation is still relevant for the business.
- Ensure Validation Rules are still relevant: Evaluate existing validation rules and ensure they are still relevant and necessary. Consider consolidating similar validation rules to simplify the data entry process for users while maintaining data quality.
- Declutter your Reports and Dashboards: Regularly review your organisation’s reports and dashboards. Delete any outdated or underutilised ones to keep your reporting library tidy. Additionally, consider updating existing reports to reflect the most relevant and current data.
- Update Help text and start using In app guidance: Salesforce provides the tools to help your users get the best of your Salesforce org. Review the help text on fields, guidance in you path set up and consider adding in-app guidance for some of the more complicated processes in your org
- Evaluate External Integrations: Assess your org’s external integrations with other systems or third-party apps. Remove any integrations that are no longer in use or have become outdated. This will not only reduce clutter but also improve data security.
- Assess Data Storage and Archiving: Salesforce provides limited data storage, and exceeding your limits can lead to additional costs. Regularly review your data storage usage and archive or delete old data that is no longer needed. Archiving can be especially useful to preserve historical data without impacting your active data storage. There are several app exchange apps that will help if your data storage is getting close to the limits, as well as support data backup and recovery
- Optimise Apex Code and Triggers: Analyse your Apex code and triggers to identify any code that is no longer necessary or can be optimised for better performance. Well-maintained code ensures efficient processing and reduces the risk of potential issues.
Now you’ve got the secrets to spring clean your Salesforce org and ensure it’s always at its best! By regularly reviewing and optimising different aspects of your org, you’ll be amazed at the improved performance, satisfied users, and rock-solid data quality. Don’t forget to document your clean-up efforts and set reminders for regular maintenance to keep that Salesforce magic going strong. Happy cleaning! 🌟🌸 and of course if you need any assistance Swan Technology can help with a Swan Scan to help focus on where you can get your biggest impact